Ankle Boot Season
Riding boots always used to be my go-to, yet lately I've been finding myself interested in ankle boots. I used to think that in dreary weather the height of riding boots were necessary, but ankle boots have proven to do the job just fine for me. Above are 6 of my favorites - here's why I love them:
1. Cutouts are huge. Plus, they're a great way to spice up an otherwise simple, black boot.
2. Every girl needs a heeled bootie. I've had some ankle booties in the past that were stilettos and reached 5 1/2 inches, and that's just extremely impractical. If you're thinking about trotting around in rain or snow in these babies, they better have some substance.
3. For some reason, I just trust Sperry's. These booties look like they're made from substantial materials for that bad weather and all of the running around you'll be doing, but, because Sperry makes them, they're also extremely on trend.
4. These are like my dream booties - the splurge bootie, if you will. They're so chic and the pastel shades make them oh-so-dreamy. I'd love to try these babies out with some distressed denim and an Equipment blouse!
5. I have these J.Crew booties in the brown leather version, and I simply cannot get enough of them. Literally, as I'm sure you've seen on my blog, I don't take them off. But this suede version (especially that coziness inside) looks so comfy for the cold months!
6. Michael Kors can do no wrong in my book, and these ankle boots are no exception. I love the shade, the fabric, the heel height and the gold zipper... These are on my wish list for sure.
Here is some more ankle boot inspiration: