Fall 2017 Mood Board
With each new season, I like to take a step back and think about what's inspiring me for that month or quarter. What colors? What textures? What trends?
I typically start this exercise in two places: Pinterest and magazines. I used to do it the old-school way, by ripping out pages and putting them on an actual board, but apartment living (and no space to put that) prevents me from doing that now. Instead, I rely on Pinterest and Canva to build my fall mood board.
What's inspiring me for fall
I noticed a few constants as I was doing this exercise. They are:
- Basic sweaters, but with modern accents—like a bit of fringe, a fun typeface, or cozy texture—are in for fall.
- Boots, boots, boots! It's all about boots that you can show off, with a mini skirt or dress. Bonus points if they have texture or multi-color.
- Grey, textured jackets are in. If you don't have a grey houndstooth blazer this fall, you need to get one now!
- Small, structured bags are ruling the scene. Little bucket bags especially!
- Gold, gold, gold. Whether it's gold statement jewelry or gold hardware on a belt, matte gold is in this season.
- Messy hair. There's certainly a time and a place for sleek, straight hair—but most of what I'm seeing for fall is a bit disheveled and imperfect. Bedhead lovers, rejoice!
- On that note: minimal makeup is a must. Think like a Parisian, and go fresh-faced and dewy this fall.
What's your favorite trend for fall? Let me know in the comments section!