How You Can Help Texas Right Now
If you're like me, you're probably watching the news of what's happening in Houston and the Gulf Coast and feeling sick to your stomach at all of the devastation.
My friend Alex, of Adored by Alex, lives in Houston (she's safe and sound, thank goodness) and she put together the below list of charities that are in immediate need of services and donations. If you have the means to donate, please, please do. Josh and I made a donation last night to the SPCA of Houston after seeing all of the animals who were abandoned or left behind in the storm.
Donate to organizations to assist with Harvey relief:
– GoFundMe Fundraised by Chris Young for Hurricane Harvey Relief: Country singer Chris Young started a campaign to raise money for relief that will be routed through the Chris Young Foundation and distributed to various disaster relief organizations. Donate here.
– Houston Food Bank: While aid instead of food is critical long-term after a disaster, the Houston Food Bank collects both food and monetary donations. Every $1 you give, provides one meal to a person in need. Donate online here.
– JJ Watt fund for Houston Harvey relief: Beloved Texans football player, JJ Watt created a Fund for Houston Harvey relief. He himself has donated $100,000 and an additional $30,000 was raised in the first hour. Donate here.
– Salvation Army: Financial contributions are the best way to assist immediately after a natural disaster. You can make a donation by phone 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769). Or make an online donation here.
– United Way of Houston: The United Way Relief fund has been set up to help support the community in the aftermath of Harvey. Priority will be emphasized on safety, shelter and basic needs, like food. To donate, please do so here.
Plus, we cannot forget our furry friends: