Your Ultimate Self-Care Checklist
Are you good at taking care of yourself? Honestly, most of the time I am the worst. I have the best of intentions to take care of myself and fill my nights and weekends with all of the self-care, and then life gets in the way and I end up doing none of it *facepalm*.
To make sure I actually stick to a self-care regimen and don't burn out, I've started creating self care "checklists" for myself that I keep in a note on my phone. I wanted to share some items on my checklist in hopes that it helps some of you who are also bad at self-care.
I don't do all of these things every single day, but this list gives me ideas throughout the day of things I can focus on when I have a few minutes to spare that will end up being really beneficial for my health and well-being in the long run.
- Making my bed
- Eating a healthy breakfast
- Dry brushing
- Doing a hair mask in the shower
- Using a decadent body scrub
- Listening to my favorite podcast while I get ready
throughout the day
- Working out
- Going to a yoga class
- Drinking water or tea
- Reading (and putting my technology away)
- Putting on a face mask
- Getting in bed early
- Getting a massage, facial, or mani/pedi
- Buying myself flowers
- Investing in myself
- This can mean anything you want it to! Whether it's finally going to therapy or enrolling in a new gym membership, the greatest investment you can make is in yourself.